- Iddat means
(A) The demand of dowry from the girl side
(B) The age of a girl fit for marriage
(C) A period of seclusion undergone by a Muslim widow or divorcee
(D) All of the above
- If a Muslim widow or divorcee is pregnant, and the marriage is dissolved by death, the period of iddat is for
(A) 3 months and 10 days or upto delivery, whichever period is longer.
(B) 2 months and 10 days or upto delivery, whichever period is longer.
(C) 4 months and 10 days or upto delivery, whichever period is longer.
(D) 5 months and 10 days or upto delivery, whichever period is longer.
- Which of the following is an irregular marriage under Sunni law but void in Shia law?
(A) A marries a woman undergoing iddat.
(B) Zarina, a widow was pregnant at the time of her husband’s death. After the delivery of child but within two months of her husband’s death, she is married to her deceased husband’s brother.
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above.
- Iddat is a period during which a Muslim woman is prohibited from marrying on dissolution of marriage.
(A) by death
(B) by divorce
(C) only (A) and not (B)
(D) both (A) and (B)
- What is iddat period prescribed for a widow under Muslim law?
(A) Four Lunar Months and ten days
(B) Four Lunar months
(C) Three lunar months and ten days
(D) Three lunar months
- When is iddat observed for three months?
(A) On the death of husband
(B) On the death of husband of pregnant woman
(C) On divorce
(D) On Invalid marriage.
- The iddat period of a divorced Muslim woman who was pregnant at the time of marriage of her divorce is
(A) three menstrual courses after the date of divorce
(B) three lunar months after her divorce
(C) period between the divorce and the delivery of her child or the termination of her pregnancy, whichever is earlier
(D) period between the divorce and the delivery of her child or the termination of her pregnancy, whichever is later.
- A wife of an irregular marriage is
(A) not bound to observe the iddat at all.
(B) is bound to observe the iddat in case of death of the husband
(C) is bound to observe the iddat in case of divorce
(D) is bound to observe iddat in case of death of the husband or divorce if the marriage is consummated.
- In an irregular marriage, the duration of iddat is
(A) four courses
(B) three courses
(B) two courses
(C) one course.
- Period of iddat prescribed in cases of dissolution of muta marriage is
(A) four courses and 10 days
(B) four courses
(C) three courses
(D) two courses
- No iddat is necessary. in case of a muta marriage
(A) where the marriage has not been consummated
(B) where the husband puts to an end the contract of marriage by hiba-e-muddat.
(C) where the wife leaves the husband before the expiry of the term of cohabitation.
(D) all of the above.
ANSWER 1. (C) 2. (C) 3. (C) 4. (D) 5. (A) 6. (C) 7. (C) 8. (D) 9. (B) 10. (D) 11. (A)